What She Says, What She Means

This may be a pure heat of the moment thought but when did it become acceptable to be pretentious as fuck in an email? I can accept IM, but this is ridiculous!

snapshot20050111020322.gif

Obviously only a chick could get me this annoyed. I come back from the library at about midnight and I have this mail notification from MySpace.com , saying this girl (who we will call Jane) has messaged me. Of course I’m kinda interested in what Jane has to say since she slept at my place last week and I haven’t talked to her outside of an obiglatory next day text message (it’s 2005, catch up!).

Anyways, I click on the link and it says:

Hey what’s up? I just wanted to say thanks for being so sweet on Thursday. I had a lot of fun. But what I was saying before break about not wanting to get involved is still true. I guess I got all caught up in the moment because I was so flattered by your attention. I really hope what happened isn’t going to make things weird because I always have a lot of fun when we kick it. Yeah so write me back we should hang out soon.

-Jane

Before I being to dissect this message let me state that I didn’t make any actions to suggest wanting anything else from the night in question.

What she says:

Hey what’s up?

What she means:

Please talk to me

What she says:

I just wanted to say thanks for being so sweet on Thursday.

What she means:

Most guys don’t let me sleep over

snapshot20050111020822.gif

What she says:

What she means:

I don’t know what you want, so I’m going to save face and to attempt to take the higher ground

What she says:

What she means:

snapshot20050111020235.gif

What she says:

What she means:

This has never happened before…….I swear!!!

What she says:

Yeah so write me back we should hang out soon.

What she means:

I need your validation, please talk to me!

By the time I got done writing this, I realized I’m not mad. Just shocked by her nerve, but whatever; women are always like this. Let me hand this over to some experts….

01_pimpin-1.jpg
ArchBishop Magic Don Juan says: I don’t mind you gettin’ knowledge bout the game, ya dig? So you don’t have to to ask none of those young girls for you, ya dig? Trick you out your check. So you can learn about, but don’t try to play it if ya ready for it cause the game can be detrimental to ya, bwoy.

snoop.jpg
Snoop Dogg says: What up nefff-uuuu!? It ain’t no fun if my homies can’t get a taste of it cause you know I ain’t love it!

sq-don-magic-juan-chicago-intvw-mtv.jpg
ArchBishop Magic Don Juan says: In order to keep the broads you gonna have to not do it to her body…..you gotta do it to her mind, man! CHURCH!

Conclusion (updated 1/14/05)

I responded saying:

Why was I even stressing this?

6 Responses to “What She Says, What She Means”

1. ReaL Wise says:

Ur a dumb ass for breaking the transcript down, but i would have the same definition for what she really meant. The true story always sleeps between the words in the text.

7even

2. Fenaxis says:

haha, you’re right……..I admit

3. forthe-I says:

she is torn between what to do, (to engage or not) apparently her nonverbal (ie staying over) is on the side of you. (nonverbal usually wins) my answer… communicate back nonverbally to continue the loven.. and let her conscious mind continue to address whatever it wants to just be confident in knowing the truth, you can even answer her back verbally if you talk to her that your words can say the same as hers. My guess but who am I

4. Fenaxis says:

Interesting….what doy you mean by me communicating nonverbally?Well I ended up messaging her back. I simply said:

“Yeah, I had a lot of fun too…… Moreover I understand what you’re saying and share the same sentiments. I guess give me a call if you want to hangout.”

I guess that is pretty much returning what she said to me back to her, right?

5. DNutz says:

i think you should piss on her face, but that’s just me

6. Mary Anne says:

From a girl’s perspective: There is nothing wrong with what she wrote. She just didn’t want the wrong impressions made, hurt feeling’s on your part, etc. Maybe you just read too much into it. In the end it is all about the he said she said